As co-founder of SafeToSleep™ and proud parent of two, Ryan is using his 15 years of successful tech entrepreneurship to radically improve the safety of sleeping babies and to help parents care for their babies in ways that were never before possible. Ryan’s passion for using simple and smart technology solutions to solve important problems, such as infant safety, sits at the foundation of SafeToSleep.
Ryan and his brother Pete are established technology innovators. They co-founded Secure Media Systems in 2007, the first company to implement a secure system to manage and deliver digital content to the U.S. state and federal correctional systems. Ryan is also the co-founder and President of Dynamic Media, the largest location-based marketing technology company in North America.
A Michigan native, Ryan earned his Ph.D. in technological innovation from Capella University and his MBA in finance from Walsh College.
As co-founder of SafeToSleep™ and the parent of two, Pete is focused on using his 15 years of tech entrepreneurship experience to redefine infant sleep safety and wellness. Pete’s expertise with manufacturing, development, and international business has worked as a core asset in the development of the SafeToSleep infant monitoring system.
Pete co-founded Secure Media Systems with his brother Ryan, and is co-founder and Senior Vice President of Dynamic Media, where he leads the company’s strategic partnerships with a focus on innovation, integration, and new technology.
A native of Michigan, Pete has a master’s degree in marketing from Walsh College, and is a certified pilot with a commercial license. Pete enjoys the time he spends volunteering, providing services for people with medical and pressing human needs through Wings of Mercy.
We are very proud to bring you the SafeToSleep™ Sleep and Breathing Monitor. We truly hope this invention makes a difference in the lives of you and your loved ones.
This product took several years to develop and is the result of a worldwide engineering, technical, and clinical effort. Here are some of the values and core philosophies that guided and fueled this effort from conception to completion.
- We believe that monitoring the breath rate of your sleeping baby is the only way to ensure your baby is sleeping safely.
- We believe that an alarm that notifies you when your baby’s breath rate slows (SafeToSleep) is better than an alarm that notifies you only after your baby has stopped breathing (all other monitors). Today’s movement monitors wait for 20 seconds AFTER your baby has stopped breathing to alarm. We think this is waiting too long. Exhale all or your breath and hold for 20 seconds. Who would want their baby to go through that?
- We believe that there has historically been more innovation in toys than there has been in infant sleep safety. We think this is backwards. We believe that it is time to use advanced technologies to put the focus on the safety of our children.
- We believe that technology that is not easy to use is not worth using. This is why we developed a product that can be unpacked and ready to use in under five minutes. It’s so simple and intuitive that anybody can use it.
- We believe that if you give parents better tools to care for their babies, then babies will be cared for better. If you give parents information to manage their baby’s wellness, then their baby’s wellness will be managed better. This philosophy is central to our product design and function.
- We believe that a sleep monitor should be as portable as a pacifier. This is why we made our product wireless, battery operated, and portable. It’s important to have a monitor that can go wherever your baby sleeps.
- We believe that every family and every baby should get fair shot at sleep safety. We think parents sleep better at night when they know their babies are sleeping better at night.
We will continue to invent, improve, and advance the technologies that protect and ensure the safety of sleeping babies around the world.
Ryan and Pete